Tuesday, February 7, 2023

To-Do Tuesday 2/7/2023

The Tuesday to-do list has definitely been a big help in keeping me focused on my many projects that are in the works. It's time now to share how I did on last week's list, then figure out what I'd like to get done in the week ahead. The To-Do Tuesday link-up is hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric.


I was pleasantly surprised to get through most of the items on my extremely long list from last week.

To-Do List for 1/31 - 2/6/23
1. Project Quilting 14.3: make something with the "54-40 or Fight" block  ✔done 
 54-40 or Fight placemat

2. Stay at Home Round Robin--add star blocks  ✔done
I ended up making the star blocks twice before I was happy with them. To see the previous version, check out this blog post.

3. Rainbow Scrap Challenge--start one set of pink blocks  ✔done 
Two pink 16-Patch Stars blocks made, blog post HERE.

4. Ring Around the Stars--add hanging sleeve and label  not done

5. Quilt guild BOM--add next step   ✔done 
You can read more about this in my Design Wall Monday post.

6. Pickle Dish--piece 8 arcs  ✔done 

7. Storm at Sea Heart--prep for quilting    ✔done
The layers are spray basted together and have been stitched-in-the-ditch next to the border and the heart.

8. Clean and oil both machines   not done

9. Dust Off a Quilt Book blog hop--start looking for ideas   ✔done
I've chosen a pattern and pulled some possible fabrics.

10. One Monthly Goal--figure out my goal for February ✔done
I shared my February goal in this blog post.

By my count, that was 8 out of 10 items on last week's list completed. If only every week could be so productive!

To-Do List for 2/7 - 2/13/23
1. Dust Off a Quilt Book--finalize plan and get started
2. Rainbow Scrap Challenge--start Jabberwocky blocks in pink
3. Stay at Home Round Robin--add hourglass blocks
4. Storm at Sea Heart--finish quilting, add binding so it can go up before Valentine's Day
5. Clean both machines, oil Singer
6. Prep a new hand stitching project for an upcoming trip

I'm trying to be a little more reasonable in my goals this week. I'll report on my progress next Tuesday, and post a new set of goals too. I'm linking up with other To-Do Tuesday lists at Quilt Schmilt.
 

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I think my favorite is your Storm at Sea pink heart. It is fabulous! Although I don't think you ever work on anything that I don't love. Good luck this week. Remember the journey is more important than your destination (although a finished quilt is a great feeling!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie 8 out of 10 is amazing! Well done. I really enjoy seeing your photos as you keep advancing your projects. Your PQ project (a favourite block of mine) is perfect and your SAHRR is stunning. I love your Storm at Sea heart in case I didn't tell you before.Good luck with your hop project and your list this week. Thank you for linking with TO Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out your guild block post and wow! Your projects are so bright and pretty, I really love your pinks. I used up all my RSC 16-patch star blocks in a scrappy quilt and vowed I'd never make another, but now you are tempting me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TTD keeps me on task as well! Thanks for the "dust" blog hop info. I'm thinking of joining. Your SAHRR is looking great. So fun to see all the variations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Storm at Sea Heart project, but I already have a heart quilt to hang on the front door and a table topper with a valentine conversation heart backing, so I don't really need another one. You did well on all your projects last week.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...