Sunday, February 12, 2023

Weekly Updates 2/12/2023

Before I get into my regular weekly numbers (Stash Report and 15 Minutes to Stitch,) I'd like to share the most recent addition to my Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) project. Our prompt this week came from Chris, and her choice was Hourglass.


I started by adding hourglass blocks to the top and bottom of my piece, but it didn't seem complete. I made another batch of blocks for the sides. They haven't been stitched to the center yet because I'm waiting to see what the next prompt will be before I finish off the corners.


Making those hourglass blocks used about 3/8 yard of fabric. I also used another yard for the backing and binding on the Storm at Sea Heart that was shared in yesterday's post. No new fabric was added this week.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                 1.375 yards
Used year to date:              14.25 yards
Added last week:                   0.0 yards
Added year to date:               2.0 yards
Net used in 2023            12.25 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of stitching time. I spent the majority of the week working on a new project that I can't share yet, plus I finished the heart quilt and made the hourglass blocks for my SAHRR. There was definitely more than 15 minutes of quilting time every day!

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
2/5 - 2/11           7 of 7 days
2023 Total        42 of 42 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. You can also see more SAHRR quilts this week at Chris Knits Sews.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. I love how your SAHRR is coming together! Great metrics this week too. Hope next week is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't WAIT to see how you merge the Round 3 borders with the block for Round 4, Julie. Your growing quilt is looking SEW good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your SAHRR!!!! Can't wait to see how you finish it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think that comment disappeared before I could hit publish, so I'll try again, and if it's a duplicate, you can just delete it! I like what you're doing with the round robin center you used. Great combinations on this. You're doing well with the time and yardage challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SAHRR looks good! Love the scrappiness and the effective use of white space.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...