Saturday, February 18, 2023

Pink Jabberwocky Blocks

I was able to find time this week to make one set of pink blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


The block design is called "Jabberwocky." It is a Judy Martin pattern from The Block Book. I believe the book is out of print, but available at a variety of on-line sources. 


That brings me up to six blocks made so far this year. My plan for the year is to make at least 20 of these blocks, maybe 30. The finished size of the blocks is 10.25".

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday,and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

11 comments:

  1. I bought the book; thinking about what fabrics to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty blocks! Are they paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those star blocks are just gorgeous! I was wondering the same as Little Penguin - are they paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am entranced by the Jabberwocky block. You do it proud. I found myself examining it closely to work out the piecing. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you find you had to resize the M-2 octagon to 4-3/4"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Jabberwocky blocks are stunning!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are wonderful stars! They look so complicated to sew but you did an excellent job. It will be a stunner of a quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dynamic block, Julie. They look SEW pleasing in PINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your star blocks are simply beautiful! they look hard to sew...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Jabberwocky blocks are just so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...