Saturday, February 4, 2023

Scrappy Pink Saturday

February is the month to use our pink scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I already had some of my pink scraps out from making pink placemats for two different Project Quilting Challenges, "Pink Tint" and "54-40 or Fight."


For my Rainbow Scraps Challenge projects, I started out this month with an easy one and made two 16-Patch Stars blocks.


My blocks are being made from 3.5" squares and will finish at 12" each. The pinks look good with the deep blues from January.


Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday,and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

15 comments:

  1. Love the pinks! Those four star blocks look like they could be a quilt all by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO! All your pink blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you turned your square block into a rectangle by adding the extra width piece at the left and right sides after the enlarging pieces. It’s much more cohesive than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty PINK usage this week, Julie! I'm off to finish up my PQ 14.3 now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink stars are definitely pretty mixed with the blues! Now I want to go down to my sewing room and rearrange the design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pinks! Love the 16 patch stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done well at keeping up with the RSC blocks. Lots of pretty pinks in those projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stars is definitely the theme this year, many of of us are making stars. Your blocks looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink stars are pretty but that 54-40 block is gorgeous! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pink blocks all rock! I too did a double take looking at the 54-40 block. It is gorgeous!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you 16 patch stars. Would you be willing to share the size of the squares that form the points of the stars? I'm estimating 1.5. I like the size of your base square. I would love to make a baby quilt with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks are made from 3.5" squares with 2" squares to make the points of the stars. The blocks will finish at 12" each.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...