Friday, February 3, 2023

SAHRR Week Three

It is week three for the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR), and our prompt for the second border comes from Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of my Quilting Life. She has chosen stars for the next addition. I had left the corners empty at the ends of my spools border, and I've added the stars there. 


I added the striped fabric to each side of the spools border to bring it up to the same size as my stars. Now I'm wondering how those corners would look with the stripe around the outside edges of the stars instead of the white. This border may get revised before the next addition.


I'll be linking up with the rest of the SAHRR quilters, hosted by Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of my Quilting LifeI'm also linking up with Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE your project, Julie. The borders, the fabrics, it's just wonderful. You never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SAHRR looks beautiful so far, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piece is looking really nice. Well done...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piece looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the stripe on the edges of the stars would make them look more intentional, but would require a lot of thought as to direction of the stripes. I look forward to seeing what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you connected each end of the spool blocks to the stars! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to add the stars - it looks great! I hope you did a little happy dance when you had it stitched up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's perfect!!! I would leave it as is since it is balanced with the other striped border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the addition of the striped borders. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, Julie! I really like how you locked those stars into the corners with one last spool bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...