Saturday, January 21, 2023

SAHRR 2023--Getting Started

This week was the kickoff for the third year of the Stay at Home Round Robin (aka SAHRR.) The SAHRR is the brainchild of Quilting Gail, and she has once again invited several other blogging friends to guide us through the upcoming weeks.

Our assignment for the first week is to choose our center block. I've been trying to resist starting another new project, but I was so happy with the way my SAHRR quilt turned out last year that I had to jump in again. Here is the block I've decided to use for the center.


I looked back at old blog posts trying to find some info about this block, but all I found was the fact that I made it somewhere around July 4th, 2016. I don't remember the name of the block pattern. The finished size of the block is 12". (I figured out later that the block is a variation of Judy Martin's Constitution Star from The Block Book.)

Here's my Feathered Star quilt top from last year's SAHRR. It finished at 39.5" and is still unquilted.


Feathered Star Round Robin 2022

On Monday we will find out our first border assignment. I'm looking forward to another round robin adventure!

Check out other participant's progress at the SAHRR link-up.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your starter block! You have lots of possibilities with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked a fun center to work with. Your quilt from last year is one of the reasons I really wanted to try this. It turned out so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! Oh, I love this center block. What a fun one to start with and totally different from your last year's medallion. Those background polka dots just make me smile, and that center fabric is intriguing. I'm so glad you're joining us again this year! It's just a few hours and the first round prompt will be released! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your center block and look forward to seeing it grow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...