Sunday, June 13, 2021

Stitching and Stashing--Week 24, 2021

My stash report for the past week shows fabric moving both in and out of my stash. The fabric going out was 5 yards for the backing of a Scrappy Trips top that is going to Kat for Covered in Love as part of the 2021 Hands 2 Help Challenge.


Here is a closer look at the fabrics in this backing. Both have been in my stash for many years, and it was time to move them out.


The additions to the stash have a definite red, white & blue theme. A recent burst of QOV quilt backs left my RWB stash greatly depleted. The mint green on the left end is for my
30's Kaleidoscope blocks.



2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                                 5.0 yards
Used year to date:                      107.375 yards
Added last week:                             8.25 yards
Added year to date:                        56.25 yards
Net used year to date              51.125 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Our house is a bit chaotic with renovation work happening. I haven't been able to spend as much time quilting lately, but I have still managed at least 15 minutes every day.


15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
6/6 - 6/12                  7 of 7 days
2021 Total           162 of 163 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. That backing is amazing! I really like the combination of colors. Those RWB fabrics are perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to do the same with my backings, use up the older yardage that doesn't seem to work in a quilt. You got some great RWB fabrics. I did the same at the last Connecting Threads sale, those are so hard to resist. Hope the renovations go quickly so you can get back to your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...