Friday, June 4, 2021

Hands 2 Help 2021

I'm cutting it close, but it's time for me to share the photos of my quilts for the 2021 Hands 2 Help Comfort Quilt Challenge. This wonderful event is hosted each year by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and it is so heartwarming to see how many quilters have been inspired to donate quilts to a variety of groups providing comfort to those in need. Last year there were over 500 quilts donated, and I wouldn't be surprised if the number was much higher this year.

My donations are going to Kat in Texas for Covered in Love. This first one is the Beveled Blocks quilt top that I finished in March. I am also sending the backing and binding with this quilt top. The backing includes a few extra blocks from making the top.

Beveled Blocks, 60.5" x 72.5"

Beveled Blocks backing

The other quilt top that I will be sending to Kat is a Scrappy Trips design, based on Bonnie Hunter's instructions. I used 3" strips to make the blocks, rather than the 2.5" used in Bonnie's version.

Scrappy Trips, 60.5" x 75.5"

I pulled out some fabrics as possibilities to back this quilt, either the two turquoise and purple fabrics together or the two greens. I don't have enough of any of them for the whole back. I'm hoping to get that done this weekend, plus make a binding, and send everything off on Monday.



Many thanks once again to Sarah for all the hard work she puts in to make this event a success. This is the 11th year of the Hands 2 Help Challenge, and almost 3000 quilts were donated in the first ten years. I can't wait to see the final total for 2021. You can see photos of many of the quilts that have been donated this year at Sarah's blog, Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


Happy quilting to all! 

Julie in GA  


2 comments:

  1. Great quilt tops for CiL! They will provide much comfort to the recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are going to be wonderful donations for Covered in Love, Julie. Kat will be SEW pleased to receive them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...