Saturday, June 26, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 26, 2021

It has been a very productive week for Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects here. Our assigned color for June has been purple, and I completed my blocks on three different RSC projects. I didn't think I was going to get all of them done before the end of the month, but here they are, with several days to spare!

I made 25 Kaleidoscope blocks using 30's fabrics, including several fabrics that my sister sent me recently. The blocks will finish at 6".


I also completed 40 Bowtie blocks. These are meant to be "pastel" colors, but I didn't really have enough lighter purples, so I used what I could find. These blocks finish at 5".


The last of my RSC stitching for the week was to make my purple Sew Colorful Stars block. This block will finish at 16".


I couldn't resist putting all six of these blocks up on the wall together. I'm planning to make twelve blocks total, and they will have sashing in between to separate all those triangle points.


The other blocks I made in purple earlier this month were the Homespun blocks and the Scrap Magnet blocks. Lots of purple and lavender scraps have been getting used up around here! I'm ready to find out what our color for July will be. My guess is either medium-dark blue or greenish blues (aqua/teal/turquoise). 

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty blocks!! Nice work--i especially like those bow ties...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those Sew Colorful Stars - so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made lots of progress. And used some scraps! I'm hoping for Teal/Aqua/Turquoise for July too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful projects that I can't even pick a favourite! The stars are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sew Colorful Stars are absolutely beautiful! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you used up some serious fabric in lots of great blocks! The Sew Colorful Stars look like intense piecing, but the result is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did great with all the purple sewing this month! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some big blocks to use up lots of scraps. I can't pick a favorite. Congratulations on finishing the month early.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been so productive, all your blocks look wonderful. I especially love your Sew Colourful Stars, but oh all those tiny points!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so admire how you are able to keep up with not just one, but SEVERAL RSC quilts each month. They are all beautiful, but I”m especially smitten with the stars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such great purple projects!! I really really like that sew colorful one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your purple projects are all terrific. How you are able to keep all the bits "straight" and the blocks being produced for so many RSC block types amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your blocks are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bowtie setting! Gotta remember it -- thanks, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many lovely purple blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...