Sunday, June 6, 2021

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 23, 2021

When I sat down to write my stash report for the past week, I didn't think there would be much to report. It feels like I spent most of the week trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to figure out what color scheme to use for a new quilt-along. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked back at my info from earlier in the week to discover that I used two yards for the sashing and border pieces on my Moda Blockheads quilt top.


I also used 5/8 yard for my lavender and purple Homespun blocks, which were shared in yesterday's post. That brings my stash usage so far this year up to just over 100 yards! That used to be my usage goal for a whole year. Retirement has had an enormous impact on my quilting!


2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                             2.625 yards
Used year to date:                      102.375 yards
Added last week:                               0.0 yards
Added year to date:                         48.0 yards
Net used year to date              54.375 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I have been pulling lots of fabrics, making sample blocks, then pulling different fabrics to make more sample blocks. That has led to much more than 15 minutes of quilting every day.


15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
5/30 - 6/5                  7 of 7 days
2021 Total           155 of 156 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, Your patriotic quilt is beautiful.
    You did great.
    Happy new stitching week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That setting adds so much interest to your patriotic sampler. Was is it part of the Moda blockheads design or did you create it?
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great numbers Julie and love your quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your Moda Block Heads quilt. You picked a fabulous setting for those blocks. Retirement has been good for the stash numbers, but you've always had a knack for getting in lots of stitching time. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go, Julie!!! Less money, but more time. Retirement DEFINITELY has its advantages!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this quilt and especially the setting! Great job! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...