Saturday, June 5, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 23, 2021

It's always exciting to start a new month and a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Our color for June is purple, and I got right to work on my Homespun blocks. The Homespun design is by Modernly Morgan.

I started out by making a block with my lighter purple and lavender scraps. This included digging into the 30's scraps to come up with enough different fabrics.


A couple days later I made a darker purple block.


It wasn't until I was about to stitch the final seam in the darker block that I realized one fabric had been used in both blocks. Can you see it?


This should make it easier to find--I rotated the darker block and zoomed in.


Just in case you are wondering--no, I did not take either block apart and change out that fabric! The blocks are not likely to be next to each other in the final quilt. Even if they are--who cares?

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

16 comments:

  1. Pretty purple blocks...the background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that lavender block, Julie. Kudos for leaving it the way you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty! That fabric you used in both blocks reads light in the one and darker in the other. I wouldn't have changed it either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blocks! I overlapped fabrics in my blocks too, as you say, who cares? Have a peaceful weekend with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purple blocks! My sister and I had a purple bedroom as young teens ! Still one of my favorite colors! As for the fabric used twice, “who cares!” is right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these are gorgeous! This is perhaps my favorite of all the RSC blocks this year! I could see all of us rushing to make them next year, but I don’t think anyone could come up with a more perfect background fabric. Unless Tula releases more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure come up with some of the more wonderful and unusual blocks!
    Love that background too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make the most wonderful blocks for RSC, and this one is a another beauty!


    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love these blocks! I really don't think it matters one little bit that you used the same fabric in both blocks. You'll never notice it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That just means it is a great fabric - I love those that work in many different areas. Thanks for sharing your lovely blocks with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Versatile fabric. I love those. Great block. I really love how it looks and how much scrap in use up. Great job, Julie. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty blocks! I think the 'homespun' quilt pattern is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you - it is the type of print that it really won't show because it is a busy print and both pieces are different.
    After all, it is a scrappy quilt! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let it be. That's my motto if, after being as careful as can be, I still find a couple of fabrics accidentally placed. The blocks are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...