Monday, June 14, 2021

Design Wall Monday 6/14/2021

My stash report in yesterday's post included a photo of several new red, white & blue print fabrics that I bought recently to replenish my collection for patriotic quilts and Quilts of Valor. I was hoping that one of those new fabrics would work as the outer border on the Moda Blockheads quilt top I shared two weeks ago.

Here is what I'm considering for the borders. I would do a narrow (5/8 - 3/4") border in bright red, followed by a 3-4" border of the deep blue with stars print. I like the way they frame the quilt center. Maybe I can get those borders on the quilt this week.


I also pulled out a few RWB blocks that I've made in recent years for the regular summer block drive that Kat hosts at Covered in Love. These blocks will all finish at 12". I'm sending them along to Kat early for this summer's drive (although I did decide to hang on to the top right block for a future project of my own.)



Linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those are quite the beautiful blocks!!! 🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that choice for your borders!! they will look amazing!!
    and what pretty blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The setting for the top quilt looks so intricate! Your other RWBs would make a wonderful sampler. (Too often the blocks in samplers are of such different densities that they look off-balance. These blocks are all similar in "weight" so they go very well together.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great setting of those blocks. The blue with stars will finish it off beautifully. I need to hop over to Kat's to see what is up with the block drive over the summer. I'm pretty sure I have quite a few blocks that are RWB. I really like how you use your stripe fabrics. They make the quilt and the blocks so much more interesting. Hum, maybe I should move beyond 9 patches, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red/white/blue quilt is awesome and I think that narrow red border is perfect to set off the darker blue outer border. Excellent choices. And your patriotic blocks are all so pretty! I've been on a roll with making QOV blocks too lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is definitely a stunner! Now you’ve got me hankering to do a red, white and blue quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a good choice for your borders, Julie. SEW sweet of you to think of Kat for those lovely leftover blocks! One of her Quilting Angels will surely be able to build a quilt around them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely mix of red, white and blues. I think that medium blue tone is what really makes it sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colors to close out the quilt! This is one of my favorite quilts! I just love the way the setting looks! Great work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...