Saturday, June 19, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 25, 2021

It's hard to believe that we are getting close to the half-way point of the year! June is flying by, and I have fallen behind on my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I will need to buckle down over the next week and a half to get through the rest of my purple blocks.

I did finish one set of RSC blocks this week, my Scrap Magnet blocks. Instead of making one lighter and one darker block like some previous months, I made one block using purples that look more blue, and the other block has the purple fabrics that lean towards red. I'm thinking about making one more with truer purple fabrics if I can find enough choices.



Here they are together.

Scrap Magnet pattern by Kirsty of Bonjour Quilts

I have been making purple/lavender Bowtie blocks all month, and I have the pieces for my 30's Kaleidoscope blocks sitting next to the sewing machine. Those will be today's main project as I work on finishing off my RSC projects for June.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing your scrap magnets; they are so pretty with the different shades! I seem to have large pile of red-leaning purple that I should use this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your magnet blocks are very pretty, I like how you made 2 blocks in different shades, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun seeing these in the different shades of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty PURPLE blocks for the RSC, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Double the purples for double the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful purple blocks, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea, to make blocks with both reddish and blueish purples! Both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your idea of using red purple and blue purple as the basis for your blocks. It gives purple a whole lot of range that way! Your blocks are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That berry colored one is delish! I adore this block. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...