Saturday, March 27, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 13, 2021

Today is the last dark green Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I finished my last big block a couple days ago. This is my Sew Colorful Stars block.

Sew Colorful Stars, 16" finished size

I made my block from a stack of 3" green squares that were in the scrap drawer. I wish I had added a few brighter greens so it didn't all look so much like the same color. We'll see how the blocks look together when I get all the other colors done. This one might get remade at a later date.

I gathered my collection of green blocks from March together on the design wall. The only RSC blocks not up there are the green 30's kaleidoscope blocks. There just wasn't enough space for everything, and they look so pastel compared to the rest.


Top right and left: Scrap Magnet; top center: Sew Colorful Stars; lower left: Glorified 9-Patch; and lower right: Bowties 365.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

14 comments:

  1. Fun to see all your different blocks, Julie! I really love the Scrap Magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always love your block selections, and this year is no exception. Your sewing even elevates the simple bow tie block into a work of art. And the Scrap Magnets are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... fabulous design wall of green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having different shades of green makes it so much more interesting and add to the dept of the quilt. You have a beautiful collection of greens and blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I catch myself drooling over your design wall this month! Those greens! Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That star block is spectacular, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing green work! I love all the different shades.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of greens! Your blocks are inspiring - and awe inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous collection of green blocks! Such a productive month. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice green, scrappy round-up! Great job during March!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am swooning over all those lovely blocks on your design wall. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of pretty green scraps used up this month. I like the Sew Colorful Star. There's enough shimmer in the fabrics to give it motion and I read the scraps in the center as lighter than the edges. Hopefully your green scrap storage has a bit more room in it now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...