Saturday, March 20, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 12, 2021

March is green month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and there is certainly plenty of green in evidence around here, both inside and out. Happy spring and Happy Worldwide Quilting Day to all!


One set of green blocks that was completed recently is my Glorified 9-Patch blocks. I've even got one block with shamrocks on it for St. Patrick's Day. I started out piecing the curves on these blocks by hand, but didn't really enjoy that process. Now I am stitching the blocks completely by machine. These blocks will be trimmed to 6.5" when I am ready to join them together.


My main green project for the week was an old kit that I came across, the Beveled Blocks quilt. The kit included 24 fat quarters, enough to make a quilt that measures 48" x 60". I decided to add many of my own fabrics and make a larger quilt top. Here you can see enough parts for 30 blocks, although at this point they all need the diagonal seams stitched to finish the blocks. 


My goal for the day is to get these parts all turned into blocks. I'm sure there will be some time spent arranging and rearranging the placement of all the blocks, but I'm hoping to get them joined together by the end of the day. I've warned my guy that it is Worldwide Quilting Day, so he shouldn't expect me to do any household chores today. It's a good thing I took care of the laundry yesterday!

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. The nine patches are beautiful by hand or machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness...gorgeous green goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all that GREEN going on in your sewing room, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beveled blocks make such a neat design! Have fun working on them today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your greens! I have that glorified 9-patch pattern but have never used it. All your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you warned him in advance it was a quilting day! Love those pretty nine patches and those beveled blocks sure do shine with all those pretty colors adding movement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made short work of those Beveled blocks! Hope you made really good progress during world quilting day. A complete day of sewing sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the glorified nine patch blocks, especially the one with the shamrocks! And it was a very good idea to get out the old project and finish it up. I should do that! Hope your quilting day was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy spring Julie. Thanks for sharing your lovely blocks with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Glorified 9-Patches are so pretty but my heart raced when I saw the Beveled Blocks. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...