Saturday, March 13, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 11, 2021

I've got a few different projects in the works for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year, and they are all fun in different ways. There are some blocks that use lots of different fabrics in the monthly color (it's green this month.) I find those easier for choosing fabrics. Just mix up a good variety--light or dark, bright and intense or toned down and moody, modern prints or traditional. They will all work together just fine.

Pulling choices for blocks that use a limited number of fabrics can be more challenging, especially large blocks like the 16.5" Scrap Magnet blocks that I made this week. I considered many options, trying to get the mix just right. I ended up with one block in bright emerald and springy greens.


The second block has the darker forest and olive greens.


Here are the two green blocks together, followed by all of my blocks so far this year. I'm having a great time making these and have to stop myself from jumping ahead and moving on to more colors.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

18 comments:

  1. Always so fun to see the block collections starting to come together. The two green blocks are both pretty and show off different shades of green. Perfect for a RSC quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks, with them you will make a wonderful quilt, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. The background fabrics always catch my eye. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The blocks are so pretty all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scrap magnet blocks! I don't think mine have enough contrast in the background fabrics so I'm going to rethink before I go any further.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The GREEN blocks mixed in SEW nicely with the others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blocks have a great look to them by the way you chose your greens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks, as always. Your color choices are heaven for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Scrap Magnet blocks are looking great! It's going to be another colorful RSC quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your color mix is wonderful! Some of the blocks just glow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the springy green block and seeing them all together is always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, when you put the blocks together there's a secondary design! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find some unusual and fun blocks to make for RSC. I like the secondary design which adds more fun to those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blocks - they look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a wonderful blocks for scraps and the RSC. I love seeing them all together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...