Sunday, March 21, 2021

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 12, 2021

Before I get into the weekly reports, I want to mention the Spring 2020 Quilty Orphan Adoption Event  hosted by Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework. I have two "orphans" available for adoption, and you can read more about them HERE and HERE. I'm accepting entries until Tuesday at noon.

We've had some lovely warm weather lately, but the first day of spring was cooler and rather windy, keeping us mostly indoors for the day. Lucky for me, yesterday was also Worldwide Quilting Day, and I took full advantage of it. I spent the morning making the blocks for my Beveled Blocks quilt, and after lunch I arranged and rearranged the blocks on my design wall, then got them all stitched together. Here are the blocks before they were joined.



The Beveled Blocks quilt was really my only project over the past week, except for the bowtie blocks that I use as leaders and enders. In addition to the full day of quilting on Saturday, I spent well over 15 minutes quilting every other day of the week. 
Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. 


15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
3/14 - 3/20                7 of 7 days
2021 Total              79 of 79 days

As for the stash report, I haven't added up my yardage used on the Beveled Blocks yet. That will be reported next week. I did use 3/8 yard for my latest group of Glorified 9-Patch blocks.



I also sent a stack of strips of 30's fabrics to my sister for a quilt project she is making. The strips all measured 5" wide, and lengths varied from about 4" to around 9 or 10". I didn't add up all the lengths, but the whole stack weighed 1 lb., 2.9 oz. At 3 yards per pound, I'm counting the total as 3.5 yards.


2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                            3.875 yards
Used year to date:                         67.25 yards
Added last week:                              0.0 yards
Added year to date:                      11.50 yards
Net used year to date                55.75 yards


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. You made quilt work of the Beveled blocks! The quilt looks great, I love the 3-D effect you get with that pattern. Great metrics this week. I think you have a typo in your 2021 Total, aren't you 79 for 79? Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Thanks for catching that Kate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...