Sunday, March 28, 2021

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 13, 2021

It has been a very busy week in the quilting room, with lots of fabric moving both in and out. The past week is the first time since early January that I have fabric additions to include in my stash report, 12.5 yards total. I took advantage of a recent sale at Connecting Threads to stock up on some basics, mostly from their Chambray Tonals line.


Buying fabrics online is a tricky business. It's so hard to tell exactly what the colors will look like, and the scale of prints can be different than expected too. My surprise in this group was the yellow. I thought it was going to be a nice, soft yellow, but it is actually much brighter and more lemony than I expected. Oh well, it's still a pretty color, just not quite what I was hoping for.

The outgoing numbers from the stash more than make up for the additions. I used 5.75 yards for the Beveled Blocks quilt top, 4.75 yards for the back, and 5/8 yard in some extra/sample Beveled Blocks. I also used 3/8 yard in my dark green Sew Colorful Stars block

For my stash reports, I count all quilt fabric that comes into my sewing room as additions, whether it is fabric that I have purchased or if it is a gift or giveaway prize. On the flip side of that, I count any fabric that I give away in the used column. This week I gave away two quilt orphan prizes. The Grassy Creek orphan included 6 large blocks and 34 9-patch blocks, which totaled 1.875 yards of fabric. The Blooming Onion orphan consisted of 6 blocks plus cut pieces for 11 more blocks, 1.5 yards. The grand total for the usage column this week is 14.875 yards!


2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                           14.875 yards
Used year to date:                       82.125 yards
Added last week:                           12.50 yards
Added year to date:                         24.0 yards
Net used year to date              58.125 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. We are getting out of the house a little more some days, which means I'm not home all day long and able to quilt whenever I want. That has meant making a point of doing at least a little bit of stitching after dinner some nights. I'm trying to keep that 100% record intact!



15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
3/21 - 3/27                7 of 7 days
2021 Total              86 of 86 days



Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

1 comment:

  1. You acquired some great basics. I succumbed to the Connecting Threads sale too and bought significant white and black yardage to use as backgrounds. Congrats for keeping the 100% complete. It is a bit harder once you get out and about a bit to work in that time. You do have to have a plan. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...