Sunday, January 10, 2021

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 2, 2021

It always feels good to start with a clean slate for the quilting stash reports at the beginning of a new year. Unfortunately, I have very little to report for the last week. I've gotten obsessed with a new project, but haven't yet reached the point of being able to figure out my yardage used for it. 

There is one small project in the works that has used a little yardage. I wanted to come up with a project that I could make as a block-a-day quilt this year. I had plenty of ideas, but none seemed quite right until I ran across a stack of already-cut pieces for bowtie blocks that I had prepped for a baby quilt several years ago. Here are a few leftover blocks from that quilt. 


Isn't that the cutest background fabric! I wish I had lots more of it. Here are the leftover pieces I found, 3" squares and 1.75" squares. Believe it or not, there are enough pieces in those stacks to make over 100 bowtie blocks.


The original baby quilt got made, but I used up the background fabric long before I ran out of bowtie pieces. On the first of this year, I pulled out another background that worked well with the bowtie colors, then started stitching blocks. Here are my first 8 blocks, which used 1/4 yard of fabric. I started with pink because it is our color of the month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                               .25 yards
Used year to date:                           .25 yards
Added last week:                             0.0 yards
Added year to date:                         0.0 yards
Net used year to date                   .25 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've already missed one day on the bowtie blocks goal, but I have still gotten in at least 15 minutes of quilting every day this year.

15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
1/3 - 1/9                   7 of 7 days
2021 Total                 9 of 9 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. I'm also linking up to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. The baby quilt background is so cute! Your current choice is nice too. It leaves space for fancy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those bowtie blocks and the quilt. What a fun daily project. Congrats getting such a good start on the stash and stitching for 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the baby quilt background is sooooo cute. And the pink bow ties are sweet, love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yellow bowtie in your opening photo is one of my all-time favorites! Nice job of prepping for the first hundred days of your 365 project, Julie. SEW glad you were able to find a(nother) background to work with those PINK blocks for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your bow ties and your fabric stacks are so pretty...this will be a lovely piece...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bowtie blocks! Good luck with your block a day quilt. Last year pretty well defeated mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fun background fabric! Off to a great start with the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bowtie blocks! That's a great idea for a block each day, and so perfect that you have all the parts cut out already, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink bow ties - I love them. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your bow ties will be a great project for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet little bow ties! I just love the way they make the circles. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute project - and a great idea for daily sewing! Thank you for the inspiration! Aren't bow-tie blocks so pretty and versatile?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...