Last week I shared my first set of blocks made using the pattern Blue Onion by Karla Alexander of Saginaw Street Quilts.
The blocks turned out okay, but they weren't quite what I was going for. I decided to try again with different fabrics. The second set of blocks were made with all batiks, and I cut the pieces for all 48 blocks for my quilt before stitching any of them together. That made it possible for me to get a wider variety of fabrics in each block. After much time rearranging pieces at the design wall, followed by an afternoon sewing session, I ended up with these blocks.
I am much happier with the combination of fabrics in these blocks. My plan for the quilt is that these blocks will be the lightest area of the quilt, and the colors will move through oranges and hot pinks into purples around the outer edges.
This new project was inspired by the quilt along hosted by Corinne and Cecile at the Cocopatch website. Their theme this year is curves, and it gave me the perfect excuse to make this pattern that I have owned for several months. The quilt along has just started, so it's not too late to join the fun and sew some curves!
Happy quilting everyone!
Julie in GA