Monday, March 13, 2023

SAHRR 2023--Quilt Top Finished!

Today is the beginning of the Parade of Quilts that have been made as part of the 2023 Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) hosted by Gail at Quilting Gail and several of her quilting friends. I can't wait to see how everyone's quilts turned out!

There's a specific space on the wall in our dining room that is visible from the kitchen, and it's the perfect spot for a wallhanging that measures between 36" and 42". I am trying to make different seasonal pieces to hang there, and this year's SAHRR project is meant to become one of them. Here are the different stages of my project.

variation of a pattern by Judy Martin



Borders #4--Flying Geese + #6--Pinwheel
Finished top measures 42.75" square


One thing I realized as I got further along on this quilt was that I was wishing for a little more breathing space between the different border elements. I especially like the way that worked out on the last pieced border with the flying geese and the pinwheels. It's something I will try to keep in mind next time. The learning process never stops!


Check out other participant's progress at the 
SAHRR Parade of Quilts link-up. I'm looking forward to seeing them all! Thanks so much to Gail and friends for guiding us along the way on this fun project.

I'm also linking up here:
 Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts 
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at Inquiring Quilter
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation


Happy quilting!

Julie in GA

20 comments:

  1. Its wonderful ! Love your fabrics and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I agree on the breathing space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your SAHRR turned out beautifully. Building the borders has definitely been a learning process. I really like you incorporated the flying geese in your border. Spacing is important, not making full borders also helps, you don't have to be as accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully. I too love how you did the flying geese. Combined with the pinwheels in the corners it gives the idea of movement to the border and makes it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - every single round you added worked so well. Love the colors too. I have a dining room wall that always has a quilt hanging on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very put together, just like you planned it that way from the start.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your SAHRR is beautiful!!! I love how you did the flying geese and mixed it with the pinwheels! Thanks for joining in the SAHRR and for linking to the Parade!
    quilting gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! You did so good with SAHRR. I love that last border too--cool how the flying geese and pinwheel look together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with your SAHRR. I love combining the prompts, too, and find it makes a nice size quilt. This is a stunning one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an inventive way to merge the border prompts, Julie! Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt. Happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dots, spots, stripes and stars, oh I love it all together! These projects take a lot of brain power to design but sure are unique and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how you combined the different elements of the borders, and I especially like how the striped fabric sets them off. I'm sure you will enjoy your rotating gallery of quilts from your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow!! the way you used the striping as the in betweens is perfect!! and using the red stripes in the center and then in the corners - there is so much fun stuff to look at in this quilt!! you did amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job combining the prompts. I especially like the flying geese and pinwheels. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! I love it! So neat that you had a size and use in mind from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, didn't realize I'd show up as anonymous. I was that last comment, about having a purpose in mind from the get go. I really love your quilt! Thanks for sewing along!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, this is awesome! I love how you merged your borders! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic quilt! I am so impressed with your design and color skills to make this one come together. Jennifer in Indy (who for some reason can’t get google to work through Feedly!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...