Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Project Quilting 14.5: Sew Not a Square

This week's Project Quilting Challenge 14.5 turned out to be one of the quicker challenges for me. The theme for this week is "Sew Not a Square" and here are the basic rules: "do anything in the whole wide world you can imagine – but use no square shapes in doing it, and don’t end up with a square."

I looked through some options and quickly settled on a design I've wanted to try for awhile. This is Migrating Geese, based on a Deb Tucker tutorial. There's not a square in sight; it is made entirely from triangles. I love the background fabric with the bird tracks!

Migrating Geese placemat, 12.25" x 18.5"

I used a favorite rainbow print on the back. The quilting is stitch-in-the-ditch around the geese.


This placemat will join the others I've been making since the beginning of the year to be donated to Meals on Wheels through our quilt guild.

Linking up with:
Project Quilting 14.5 at Persimon Dreams


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...