Saturday, March 11, 2023

Scrappy Green Saturday

There has been lots of quilting time spent on projects with deadlines over the past week, which tends to make me feel a little tense. Yesterday, I was finally able to relax a bit and play with my green scraps, our color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap ChallengeI made two scrappy green 16-patch star blocks to add to my collection.



As always, I wanted to see them with the colors from earlier months. My blocks are being made from 3.5" squares, and each block will finish at 12".


Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing these blocks, the white stars stand out so dramatically against any RSC colour. I’ve made a couple of quilts using these blocks and they turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your star blocks Julie, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I love your blocks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way to use your scraps! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scrappy star blocks are on my to-be-made list! Hopefully sooner rather than later ! Ps: congrats on your Project Quilting prize win! I loved your migrating geese placemat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE these 16-Patch Stars in GREEN, Julie!! They look really good with their pink and dark blue friends, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems we share similar tastes when it comes to green fabric. I kept on spotting "mine" in your blocks. Love the pop and focus the stars give to each block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your scrappy green star blocks. It’s fun to recognize fabrics that I also have in my scrap stash. The blocks are looking so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be another beautiful and fun RSC quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific green blocks, Julie! What a gorgeous quilt this is going be!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the block you are using for RSC this year. I was laughing at your first green block -- I had at least 3 or 4 of the same prints at one time. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the colors join what you have so far.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...