Sunday, March 12, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 3/12/2023

When it was time to sit down and write my Stash Report post for the week, I discovered that I missed posting last Sunday due to a short trip out of town. When we got home on Sunday, I was focused on a new project and never even thought about a blog post. The numbers in today's post all cover that two week period.

The good news is that I managed to use some fabric in that two weeks time, and no new fabric was added to the stash. Most of the usage (4.375 yards) was for the Around the Twist baby quilt that I made as part of the "Dust Off a Quilt Book Blog Hop" hosted by Bea at Beaquilter. I can't resist sharing another photo of it with our gorgeous bright pink azaleas.


I also used 3/4 yard for the Migrating Geese placemat that was made for Project Quilting Challenge 14.5: Sew Not a Square. Yes, many of the same colors appear in both projects, so bright and cheery. 


2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                 5.125 yards
Used year to date:               21.0 yards
Added last week:                   0.0 yards
Added year to date:               9.5 yards
Net used in 2023             11.5 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've gotten back into the rhythm of quilting every day again, with several projects in the works. It felt so good to have an actual finish on that Around the Twist quilt. I need to get it washed up, then sent off to the parents-to-be.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
2/26 - 3/11      14 of 14 days
2023 Total        68 of 70 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to you, I auditioned some fabrics for Around the Twist yesterday. Unfortunately, the Christmas deep freeze took a hit on our azaleas, so I will enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a good couple of weeks with the stitching metrics. Your azaleas are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your SAHRR this week. I'm still way behind on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty quilt and I love your azaleas - one of the things I miss from spring in the south!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...