Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday To-Do List 8/4/2020

Once again, I am joining the To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update and Link-up hosted by Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us. Last week was a productive one, although I did not complete all three of my goals for the week

To-do list for 7/28 - 8/3:
1.  Dresden Stars--continue quilting, begin joining sections      progress
2.  Orange Peel--choose fabrics for the last group of blocks       done
3.  Cleaning/organization--go through closet #2                       done

On the Dresden Stars quilt, I did the free-motion quilting in the setting and corner triangles, but have not started joining sections together. Here are photos of the quilting in a side triangle. The first shot is from the top where the quilting doesn't really show very well against the busy print fabric, and the other is the back side. Isn't that crazy backing fabric great?! Who wouldn't love a fabric with Can-can girls on it?



For the Orange Peels project, I did put all the finished blocks up on the wall over the weekend (check it out in yesterday's post) and chose fabrics for the remaining blocks. At that time there were 3 yellow, 7 blue, and 9 purple blocks still to make, but I have since finished the yellow ones.

As for the sewing room organization, I did go through the second closet, but it doesn't look much different than last week's "before" photo. I also sorted out some boxes of basic sewing notions and reduced my stash of those, plus started looking through old magazines with the plan to scan patterns I want to keep, then get rid of the magazines.

To-do list for 8/4 - 8/10:
1. Dresden Stars--begin joining sections together
2. Orange Peels--hand applique at least four blocks
3. RSC Square Dance--make 8 purple/pink blocks
4. Cleaning/organization--go through ironing cabinet

Here are some of the Orange Peel blocks that I will be stitching. These blocks will finish at 3" square.


That should be plenty to keep me busy for the next week. I'll report on my progress and post a new set of goals next Tuesday. I'm linking up with other To-Do Tuesday lists at Home Sewn by Us .


Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. I checked out your Orange Peel quilt - and gasped! It is so beautiful! Congratulations! Yes! Can can girls are a fun backing! Imagine the strength to do that dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Orange Peels quilt is a lovely work;)))
    Stay safe Hugs from the tropical storm "watchtower" Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! I think progress on any project(s) is a win for the week. Your Orange Peel quilt is going to be so gorgeous when it is all together. What size are you making or did I miss that? Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good list for the week and that backing fabric is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are moving along on those orange peel blocks. Love the Can Can girl backing fabric, definitely a fun addition. I have a lot of patterns I've pulled out of magazines, I've gone through them once, but still have a lot. Many from the magazines are a basic block, but maybe put in a unique setting. What's your criteria for keeping a pattern from a magazine?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...