Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Tuesday To-Do List 8/25/2020

Another week is gone, which means it is time once again for the To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update and Link-up hosted by Roseanne and Sue at Home Sewn By Us. I made progress on all of my projects, which feels good, even though I didn't finish every goal on last week's list.

To-do list for 8/18 - 8/24:
1. Orange Peels--applique last 4 blocks, begin joining blocks together    done
I made my first hand-appliqued Orange Peel blocks in December, 2018, and the final blocks were stitched last week. I have started joining them together and have two quarters of the quilt done. You can see the first quarter in yesterday's post, and here is the upper left quarter of the quilt.


2. RSC Square Dance--make 8 more purple/pink blocks                        done
I ended up making 16 more purple and pink Square Dance blocks, finishing off what I needed for August. You can see all 32 blocks in Saturday's post.

3. Dresden Stars--attach borders and begin quilting them       progress
I got the borders stitched to the center of the quilt, but haven't started quilting them yet. I'm pleasantly surprised that they lay fairly flat and hope that continues to be true once they are quilted.

       
4. Scrappy Bear's Paw--make 1 purple block                                  done
No photos of this block yet.

5. Cleaning/organization--start going through UFOs                        done
I spent large parts of two days sorting through my many UFOs. Some were set aside to be given away in the near future, and the fabrics from others were put back into the fabric stash. Now I need to get busy finishing some of the rest!

My main project for the week ahead will be to finish the Orange Peel quilt top.

To-do list for 8/25 - 8/31:
1. Orange Peels--finish joining blocks together
2. Dresden Stars--start quilting borders
3. Continue cleaning up the sewing room (the never-ending goal!)

That should be plenty to keep me busy for the next week. I'll report on my progress and post a new set of goals next Tuesday. I'm linking up with other To-Do Tuesday lists at Home Sewn by Us .

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. The Dresden Stars are just beautiful! Good luck on your to-do's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! I just LOVE the orange peels. Don't you just feel so accomplished by getting this piece to this point. The fabrics you chose are fab. I really cannot wait to see this project all together. Thanks so much for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your orange peel project is looking great! I really love the rainbow layout of it! How many orange peel blocks did you make altogether?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are looking great, Julie! I love the diversity of styles, from the very traditional Dresdens to the modern zing of your orange peels -- which, by the way, you did a really good job on the gradient color placement. I adore both of these projects, as different as they are. Seems to me, you got quite a lot done last week -- and what you did, you did WELL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Orange Peels turned out very pretty and of course love that Dresden plate! So striking! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should probably put “clean sewing room” on my to-do list! Then I might do it and get the kudos for actually getting it done! Hmmm? Mine might never “ be done”!☹️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all the progress last week. You did really well on both the stitching and the organization front it sounds like. Orange Peel is coming along beautifully. Dresden Stars is gorgeous, that border fabric is a very nice finish. Good luck with this week's list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...