Saturday, August 15, 2020

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 33, 2020

A recent bout of cleaning in the sewing room turned up a stack of purple 4-patches, which were made from 3" strips leftover after making Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2017. Here are the Scrappy Trips blocks from back then and HERE is a link to the quilt tops I made with them.

It wasn't really part of my plan to do anything with those leftover 4-patches right now, but I ended up sewing them all together into a very purple baby quilt. I tried to keep the lightest squares scattered evenly around the top. After the border was added, it measures 36.5" x 46.5".


I like purple okay, but it has never been one of my favorite colors. However, I know there are other people who are absolutely crazy for purple, and I hope that one day I will know of one who is expecting a baby, because this will be perfect for them!

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayI hope you are all staying well and getting lots of quilting done!

Julie in GA 

19 comments:

  1. I am one of those crazy happy people about purple. Love how it turned out. So fun to find bonus blocks and turn them into something lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your happy find of purple 4 patch blocks has lead to a lovely baby quilt. I’m sure you will find a home for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of those PURPLE leftovers, Julie! Off your table and into a quilt top. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! It is very purple-y! But wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is pretty purple, that makes it such fun. Great way to use up those left over blocks and get them out of the sewing space (eventually).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely baby quilt! You'll find the right baby to gift it to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty! You're right - someone is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great use of leftover blocks, Julie. The purple baby quilt is absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely little baby quilt you've finished--and used up leftovers, too--a win/win for
    sure...;))) hugs from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable little quilt top and pretty trip blocks in purple as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent way to use up those left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm one of those purple lovers, so I think this quilt is just right. Someone will love it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny you say that about purple. I love purple but will mix it with lights, medium and darks. I made a quilt a couple of years ago and boy did I ever over do it. This will make someone a nice little baby quilt, or even a cover for a sewing machine, etc. I like what you did with those scraps! I agree on the lighter border. Your embroidery is so pretty! I received my order from Colonial - thx for the link last week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOPS - I think I need a brain check. The last was about Kathy's embroidered towels - Now how did my brain do this dumb thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of scraps, very pretty purple quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect use of those squares! I need to sew some of the 2" squares I keep cutting from scraps and just make baby donation quilts with them. Great for practicing my FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm definitely a purple person but well past child-bearing! Hahahaha! I think the baby quilt is very pretty .... of course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...