Saturday, August 29, 2020

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 35, 2020

My collection of Scrappy Bear Paw blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge increased by one more last week with the addition of a purple block. Be sure to check out the amazingly cute background fabric in the close-up shot. It is from the collection "On the Lighter Side" by Robert Kaufman Fabrics.


Scrappy Bear Paw, 14" block



As usual, I felt the need to put all of my blocks up on the wall together. I'm still debating whether to set them straight or on point. This straight set would end up at a good size if I make four more blocks. We still have red and yellow coming up, plus I would need to do two extras.


I don't know how I would use a total of 10 blocks in the on-point setting, maybe some would be divided into separate "paws" to fill the side triangles. There is still some time before those decisions need to be made.


I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayI hope you are all staying well and getting lots of quilting done!


Julie in GA 

21 comments:

  1. You could add a black/grey and a brown block to round out to 12. Your bear paw blocks are so fun to see all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Quilt. I’m a fan of on point settings but filling in those edges does provide fun opportunities. Look forward to seeing how you finish this up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'm sure you will think of the perfect way - great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, be still my heart! Purple unicorns and rainbows! What a fabulous neutral background! Now I want to checkout all your backgrounds on the bearpaw blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is perfect for your purple block! Those bear paws are turning out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time you show one of your background fabrics, I swoon! I love those little purple unicorns and am still lusting after those light blue paper airplanes. Your blocks are stunning in their simplicity and perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely big blocks--the purple is so pretty--nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly cute is right! It is interesting to see how the on point setting gives the blocks a whole different look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blocks, whichever way you decide to set them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh... One of these days. A Bear's Paw quilt is bound to be in my future. I absolutely LOVE your blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the on point setting. Looks more like flowers! I agree with Deb A that a gray and brown could round out the quilt nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Rainbows and unicorns! LOVE IT!!!! Love the look of the on-point but it does present balancing woes. I'm sure you'll come up with a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That on-point setting gets a big 'Wow!'
    And I'm in with the love-that-background crowd - what an adorable print! The only thing better than rainbows and unicorns is PURPLE rainbows and unicorns!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving your RSC bear paws, Julie -- especially the diagonal setting. So much more energy in that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love your last picture. Great job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking Great Julie. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, let's see - I love your colors and blocks. I would do another 10 (matching same colors) and then do corner squares with colors that match the blocks outer points - either way you go, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both settings look good, so you can't go wrong there. Looking forward to seeing which way you decide to go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...