Sunday, August 2, 2020

Stitching, DeStashing and Organizing--Week 31, 2020

There was only a little quilt stitching time last week, but plenty of time was spent working on the sewing room cleaning. Progress has been slow but steady, which means there isn't a lot of change to show, but I know it's getting better. I cleaned up the second closet, sorted out some boxes of basic notions, and have been going through old magazines with the plan of scanning patterns I want to save, then getting rid of the magazines. That will be an ongoing project, a good one for when I get tired of moving things around and want to sit for awhile.

Thanks to everyone who commented last week on whether to count my time spent organizing towards my 15 minutes a day of "quilting time." The overwhelming opinion was yes, that time should count because it will help my efficiency later. It will certainly be advantageous to have a better idea of what I've got and where to find it.

Because I didn't count all the cleaning days in the previous week's numbers, I'm adding two more with the count today, along with all seven days last week on my report for the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 


15 Minute Challenge:  
7/19 - 7/25                   +2 days
7/26 - 8/1                 7 of 7 days
2020 Total          205 of 214 days


The only change to my stash for the past week was 3/4 yard used for my blue and purple Stashbuster Square Dance blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge



2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                               0.75 yards
Used year to date:                         123.0 yards
Added last week:                               0.0 yards
Added year to date:                       38.75 yards
Net used year to date                 84.25 yards

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. it is so much easier to work in a sewing room that has been cleaned and organized

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to step back and regroup. It does make stitching easier going forward. If nothing else because you feel good you took the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Love the Square Dance top...looking good...can't
    wait to see it done. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Square Dance top is looking lovely! I'm really liking those black accents. You know, I clean and reorganize my sewing studio quite often. My quilting skills are intermediate at best, so, as I shared last week, the organizing helps me chew on creative challenges. It also inspires me as I pet my fabrics, books and such.

    One tip I will share: Before I leave my sewing room for the day, I clear off surfaces, with the exception of the next step in the project. I also place the next piece I need to sew under the needle so I can walk in and start sewing. That way, I'm more likely to be productive.

    I so appreciate your transparency and sweet heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I hadn't thought of scanning ideas from magazines. That would save me tons of page protectors! Not to mention notebooks ... and shelf space ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for continuing the cleanup of your sewing room. I am working on the basement, and when I am done, will go back to the sewing room. The colors of your quilt are fabulous. I really like the color combo with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blocks - I like the blue and purple together. Good luck continuing to go through your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...