Sunday, August 9, 2020

Stitching, DeStashing and Organizing--Week 32, 2020

Last week was a good one for the stash reduction efforts. I used 1/2 yard for the lavender pinwheels I showed in yesterday's post, and I gave away 5.5 yards of assorted fabrics to a friend. It felt good to pass some of the stash along to someone else who can use it, and she was very happy to get some "new-to-her" fabrics.

2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                                6.0 yards
Used year to date:                         129.0 yards
Added last week:                               0.0 yards
Added year to date:                       38.75 yards
Net used year to date                90.25 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've spent plenty of time in the sewing room each day, some of it cutting or stitching, more of it continuing with the clean-up efforts. 

15 Minute Challenge:  
8/2 - 8/8                   7 of 7 days
2020 Total          212 of 221 days

The main organizational job last week was to go through the drawers of the dresser that has my ironing board sitting on top of it. I also sorted through some pieces from a variety of projects that had collected next to my machine. That's where I found the 30's triangles that became pinwheel blocks, plus many other bits and scraps, especially leftover triangles.

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. It is good to pass it along. I passed some along and then I received some. LOL I'll use some of it and will pass on others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent stash management this year and even nicer that you made some one else's day. You've been doing a great job balancing your stitching time with the re-organization. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great progress to me, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Generosity with our stash is the way we are as we share our love of sewing and fiber! Your purple pinwheels are so cute! You will certainly have a lovely quilt, or two as you said, at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...