Monday, August 10, 2020

Design Wall Monday 8/10/2020

While pulling out my purple scraps for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, I ran across a batch of purple 4-patch blocks that were made a few years ago. The last time I looked at these was last September, when our color of the month was also purple. At that time I considered a couple of different layouts for the blocks. The first version has the lightest squares running in a diagonal line down the center, and the second has them scattered around randomly.



I decided that random was the better way to go, but I wanted to change the setting from a 7x7 square to a 6x8 rectangle. After arranging all the blocks on the design wall, I got to work joining them together. Here they are all stitched together, with some border options being auditioned.


The border decision is to use the brighter purple that is shown along the bottom edge. The other two are just too dark or dull. Adding a 3" finished border will bring this quilt to a finished size of 36" x 46". 

Linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. You found a lot of pretty purples in there;)) nice size piece...hugs from afar, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely assortment of purples, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on taking on a UFO. Purple is such an interesting color considering it can lean blue or red or ... You sure have a great collection of purples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I never knew there were this many shades of purple. The fabric you pulled for the border couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great purples - I’d have made the same choices you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty purples. I like the random arrangement you went with. Very fast work getting those orphan blocks into an almost finished project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...