Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tuesday To-Do List 8/11/2020

It is time once again for the To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update and Link-up hosted by Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us. I got through my entire list last week and am motivated to do the same again this week!


To-do list for 8/4 - 8/10:
1. Dresden Stars--begin joining sections together              done
The long center diagonal section was joined to one of the corner sections. The red diagonal stripe on the backing covers up the joining seam.




2. Orange Peels--hand applique at least four blocks           done (plus one extra)


3. RSC Square Dance--make 8 purple/pink blocks             done


4. Cleaning/organization--go through drawers under ironing board       done

One of the top drawers holds CD's, but the rest all have quilting supplies. The other top drawer was crammed full of pens and pencils, markers, crayons, colored pencils, etc., plus a few drawing/drafting tools like compasses and protractors. Here's the collection spread out on the ironing board, then neatly arranged in the drawer after getting rid of some and relocating others.



The next drawer held an assortment of many types of pins, plus a few other things that didn't need to stay there. The pins have been sorted out, and I haven't yet figured out what will end up in the left side of this drawer. The only things there now are some sheets of tracing/transfer paper.


The bottom drawer has all sorts of threads, and these aren't even the ones I use regularly for piecing. There are heavy-weight threads, invisible, metallics, rayon, and some cotton threads that I keep in case I need a specific color. There are also some machine attachments in the back corner. 


This is my ironing station after cleaning up. I even washed the fabric covering the ironing board. Someday I hope to convert this to a "Big Board" type top that can sit on the dresser as a larger ironing surface.


The goals for next week are mostly continuations of the last week.

To-do list for 8/11 - 8/17:
1. Dresden Stars--continue assembly
2. Orange Peel--applique 5 more blocks
3. RSC Square Dance--make 8 more purple/pink blocks
4. Cleaning/organization--I haven't decided what to do next, but I'll find something!


That should be plenty to keep me busy for the next week. I'll report on my progress and post a new set of goals next Tuesday. I'm linking up with other To-Do Tuesday lists at Home Sewn by Us .


Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. Wowzer! You have a lot of pens and pencils and markers! The cleaned up drawers look fabulous though. Hum, are you planning on setting your orange peels as shown? That would be very cool. Have a productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! Oh yes, that Dresden project is really coming along. I love that background fabric next to the sashing strips!! Orange Peels and Square Dance are progressing - you can't ask for more than that! WOWEE!! You did a fabulous job organizing your drawers. I'll have you know that you motivated me to straighten out my mops/brooms/etc. They are neatly hanging - it only took 11 years to put up the holder I had for them. Better later than never?! Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawers look a lot like mine! When I lived in Nashville I gave a lot of that stuff to SmART, an art supply recycling business that supports challenged individuals. Here, I pass it on to one of the many thrift shops in town. One can only use so many markers in a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So organized!!! It looks great! Plus you have 3 fun projects going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to be organized. I am blessed - have the Elfa units and a large piece of wood for the ironing board. I love it! A board on your dresser will be great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good progress across multiple projects, that has to feel good. Good luck with this weeks To Do List.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great progress during the week and looks like a good plan for next week - definitely put making a big board on your list - I made one a few years ago and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...