Sunday, August 30, 2020

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 35, 2020

This week's Stash Report shows some usage and no new additions. The fabric used was 1/4 yard for my purple Scrappy Bear Paw block and one yard for the remaining Orange Peel blocks that were added to all the blocks made last year. Both of these photos are repeats from earlier posts, just to show where the fabric went.

Scrappy Bear Paw, 14" block

Orange Peel Rainbow quilt top, 36.5" x 48.5"


2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                               1.25 yards
Used year to date:                      131.375 yards
Added last week:                               0.0 yards
Added year to date:                       38.75 yards
Net used year to date              92.625 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Getting the Orange Peel blocks joined together into a top was my main focus at the beginning of the week, and since then I've been concentrating on machine quilting my Dresden Stars quilt. I've spent much more than 15 minutes quilting every day.

15 Minute Challenge:  
8/23 - 8/29               7 of 7 days
2020 Total          233 of 242 days

The sewing room clean-up slowed down this week because I was spending most of my time sewing. I will get back to sorting and organizing next week.

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. the orange peel is delightful! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scrappy quilts. I need to get a hand project going that I can work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your orange peel! That bear paw block is cute, too. Your numbers are great. Wish my numbers were as robust as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful way to place the purples - and that orange peel quilt is really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good week on the metric front, fabric out, but none in and lots of stitching time. Hope this week is working out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your purple bear's paw is so pretty! Again, that orange peel is lovely. I have the die for it...your quilt inspired me to put it on my 2021 list. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...