Saturday, August 8, 2020

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 32, 2020

I had big plans to make some purple and pink Square Dance blocks last week, but it hasn't happened yet. Instead, my main project was cleaning up and starting to go through some of the piles around my sewing machine. There was one stack of already-cut pieces that just needed to be stitched up right away.

Our color for the month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is purple, so these lovely 30's lavenders fit right in with that. The colors came out a little dull in the photo. I have over 100 more pinwheel blocks made from 30's fabrics, just waiting to become a cheerful quilt or two. I am especially fond of these fabrics for baby quilts.

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayI hope you are all staying well and getting lots of quilting done!

Julie in GA 

9 comments:

  1. What fun fabrics in your blocks. I agree- they will make some great baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty lavendar pinwheels! I agree - photographing lavendar (and purple in general) is hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those 30's fabrics make the BEST baby quilts. Very pretty & soothing blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, great fabrics! I think I might have some of those too. Good idea to make up the blocks ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piles around the machine? SEW glad to hear that I'm not the only one with that problem. Your pale PURPLE Pinwheels turned out great! Perfect addition to your collection of 30's blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lavender pinwheels are so sweet! I’m anxious to see all your pinwheels together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lavenders! Didn't you finish one quilt with 1930's fabrics recently?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and so soft and easy on the eyes! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those will make a wonderful baby quilt - love the purples!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...