Sunday, August 23, 2020

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 34, 2020

My time at home is largely spent hanging out in my sewing room, playing with whatever project catches my attention. Some days can be very focused and productive, but at other times, it seems like very little gets done. Lately I'm mostly trying to keep moving projects forward and not get stressed out about getting anything done by a certain time. It's a relief to not have to meet deadlines, and the only goals are the ones I set for myself.

I worked on a few different projects last week, but the only one that is being counted on the stash report today is my Stashbuster Square Dance quilt. I made 32 purple and pink blocks over the past few weeks, using a total of 3/4 yard of fabric. You can see the blocks in yesterday's post.

2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                                 .75 yards
Used year to date:                      130.125 yards
Added last week:                               0.0 yards
Added year to date:                       38.75 yards
Net used year to date              91.375 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. As I said earlier, I've been working on a few different projects, and I've gotten in at least 15 minutes, usually much more, every day.

15 Minute Challenge:  
8/16 - 8/22               7 of 7 days
2020 Total          226 of 235 days

My big project for the cleaning/reorganization of the sewing room last week was to go through my quilt UFO's. At the moment that has left me with even more of a mess than I had before, but I'm making progress toward getting them sorted out. I'm even planning to get rid of a few in the near future.

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. those are the kind of deadlines I like - none but what you set for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice to really just play in the sewing room. Getting reorganized probably isn't fun, but it will probably help having more fun later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week - I always enjoy time in the sewing room with no deadlines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. organizing the studio makes a bigger mess before it is wonderfully organized. Then, I tend to make a mess of it all over again. Isn't it fun to touch all the fabric you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    That's what I've been doing..whatever catches my eye, I work on it...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organizing is so much work I tend to avoid it! LOL. Kudos to you for tackling it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I am also enjoying time in my sewing room! I'm so blessed to have one! During a remodeling project, a wise friend once told me, "Just when you think it can't look any worse, it starts to look better!" He's so right! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...