Sunday, August 16, 2020

Stitching, DeStashing and Organizing--Week 33, 2020

Last week was not the most productive week ever in my sewing room, but I did get a few things done. One thing was to add the border to a very purple baby quilt, which was shared in yesterday's post. That border used 3/8 yard from my stash, and no new fabric was added.

2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                               .375 yards
Used year to date:                      129.375 yards
Added last week:                               0.0 yards
Added year to date:                       38.75 yards
Net used year to date              90.625 yards

My quilting time seems to be primarily focused on finishing up the hand appliqued Orange Peel blocks that I've been making for over a year and a half. I'm working on the blue and purple blocks that will finish off the outer corners (you can see my planned layout HERE.) These are the most recent blocks to be finished, and there are 6 or 8 blocks still to be done. I am very eager to get this quilt top put together!





Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've been doing more hand stitching than anything else, but it was definitely at least 15 minutes every day. There was a little bit of clean-up going on, but not as much as the past few weeks.

15 Minute Challenge:  
8/9 - 8/15                 7 of 7 days
2020 Total          219 of 228 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. It always seems to take forever to get those last few blocks of a project finished. That and getting the borders on always takes longer than I think it should. But it sounds like you are just about there. Hopefully next week you'll be able to start assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your orange peel blocks--these are "deep and dark" like the woods in R. Frost's poem... so lovely hugs from "dry as a bone" CT Julierose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one - I made a queen size rainbow orange peel quilt once and it turned out great - yours will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the patience for the orange peel blocks. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello There! Julie, I love visiting other blogs as I learn so much. I would not have thought to use your color combination, but it's lovely! I'm going to have to give it a go sometime! Those purples and blues pop in a gentle soothing manner! Thank you so much for sharing these blocks today! I couldn't help but spend some time gazing admiringly at your beautiful work. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your orange peel blocks and look forward to seeing that quilt come together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...