Tuesday, April 11, 2023

To-Do Tuesday 4/11/2023

 It's time once again to share how I did on last Tuesday's to-do list, then figure out what I'd like to get done in the week ahead. The To-Do Tuesday link-up is hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric.



I worked on some of the quilts from last week's list, plus threw in a couple of unplanned projects. I've even been doing a little bit of cleaning up of my cutting table (badly needed!)

To-Do List for 4/4 - 4/10/2023 
1. Quilt guild BOM--add border #6   ✔done
I completed this border and am thinking about making an even bigger quilt. You can see some progress in yesterday's post, and I will share more photos later in the week.
2. Rainbow Scrap Challenge--make 1 set of purple blocks   ✔done
I made two purple 16-Patch Star blocks, shared in Saturday's post.
3. Pickle Dish--cutting, maybe some piecing   nothing done

Besides the projects on my list, I was also able to take part in a guild sewing day last week. We worked on simple baby quilts from pre-cut kits, and I managed to get this top put together. The fabrics are all flannels.


Another project that I pulled out last week was these purple 9-patch blocks. I had been sent a pile of 1.5" squares of light and purple fabrics several years ago, and occasionally I would make more 9-patches from them. I'm getting close to using up all the squares and decided it was time to figure out a plan for them. This is the start of a setting idea.


To-Do List for 4/11 - 4/17/2023
1. Flannel baby quilt--quilt and finish
2. Purple 9-Patches--finish making blocks, decide on setting plan
3. Rainbow Scrap Challenge--make another set of purple blocks
4. Continue working on clearing off cutting table 

That's the plan for the week ahead. I'll report on my progress next Tuesday, and post a new set of goals too. I'm linking up with other To-Do Tuesday lists at Quilt Schmilt.
 

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA 

2 comments:

  1. You still had a good week even if you didn't check off all of last week's items. I like your plan for those purple blocks. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie you had another great week making progress on your list. I love the way your purple blocks are being put together. The baby quilt is so sweet and will be a lovely surprise for the recipient. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I hope you had anther great week with plenty of time for fabric fun and stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...