Monday, April 17, 2023

Design Wall Monday 4/17/2023

Yesterday was one of those days that it seemed like the quilting stars were in alignment for me. It's not that I got a lot of quilting done yesterday, but I did make one surprising discovery.

It started with me wondering whether to add a border to my recently completed Pretty in Purple 9-Patch quilt. I've been hoping to finish it off right away and donate it as part of the Hands 2 Help Challenge at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Then I remembered another small purple quilt, this one made from 4-patch blocks in 2020.


My happy discovery was finding out that the two quilts measure the same size across. The 4P quilt was about 2" shorter than the other quilt. Maybe I could make it a little longer and use the two together to make a reversible purple quilt.


This photo shows the two quilt tops next to each other. The top and bottom borders have been removed from the 4P quilt, and new, wider borders have been cut from the same fabric. I'm planning to get those stitched on today.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and at Monday Musings at Songbird Designs. I'm also sharing my progress with the Hands 2 Help Challenge at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when the quilting stars align? Both quilts are so beautiful , Julie. A reversible quilt would be fabulous. Have a wonderful day adding the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fortitous surprise.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of those quilts! Anything purple for me! LOL Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a reversible PURPLE quilt, Julie! Unfortunately, when it comes time to put them together, I tend to choose making TWO quilts instead of one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...