Saturday, April 1, 2023

Green Scrappy Projects

The last week of March was catch-up time for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects featuring green, our color of the month. I started by making 42 Rail Fence blocks. These will finish at 3" each.


There were several of the green rectangles leftover after making these blocks, so I joined some together as the starting point for a scrappy green placemat for the 2023 ABC (Table) Scraps Challenge hosted by The Joyful Quilter. I blogged about it yesterday in this post, but will share my photo here for the RSC quilters too.


At some point during the week, I got distracted by a baggie of green crumbs and bits. Those ended up becoming five crumb blocks to add to my collection. There are some very small pieces in these blocks. The blocks measure 6.5" with seam allowances, and each one has between 20 and 35 pieces in the block.


Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Great looking green blocks. You used up so many scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE those Crumb blocks, Julie!! (Well, actually I love each of these projects, as GREEN is one of my favorite colors.) Happy scrappy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your crumb blocks look so cheery! You’ve obviously got some great scraps!! And the scrappy green placemat is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those are some skinny/tiny strips/blocks. Distracted by a bag of scraps? Now why does that sound familiar? Hmmm. Have a Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see all these lovely green blocks, and your scrappy green placemat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how long it takes to stitch the bits/crumbs until you get a useable unit/block? Your crumb blocks are my favorite. . .although, those rail fence blocks are fantastic too!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...