Monday, April 10, 2023

Design Wall Monday 4/10/2023

Work has continued on the block-of-the-month quilt that several members of our quilt guild are making together. I finished constructing the star blocks and have started adding the background spacer pieces. The bottom border is nearly finished.


I will keep going on this border, which will bring the size of the quilt up to 45" square. This is the last border included in the original design, but I'm considering adding more borders to make it even bigger, maybe even turn it into a throw-sized quilt.

I discovered just this morning that the National Quilt Museum, the source of this BOM pattern, has changed their website. The links to the pattern that I included in earlier posts no longer work. The pattern seems to be available only from their Facebook group page (look under Files, then scroll down the page until you get to Quilt Along 2020.)

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and at Monday Musings at Songbird Designs.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

3 comments:

  1. You are making good progress. It really does look like a sunset, love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stars - all of them - and they look great with the flying geese. Thanks for the tip on the change of website. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those stars, Julie! I like your idea of adding additional borders to make it a throw! Thanks so much for joining us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...