Sunday, April 23, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 4/23/2023

My stash got a large addition his week, thanks to a recent order from a sale at Missouri Star. This was the first fabric purchased in almost two months, and I went way overboard with my additions. I just couldn't resist those sale prices!

The first group of fabrics are all three-yard pieces. The Santa fabric will become a pair of pajama pants for my favorite Santa collector later in the year. The other three pieces are all wide backings. The purple one will be used as the background for my Pickle Dish project.


The other fabrics I added are all different colors of one of my favorite blender prints, "Bedrock" by Windham Fabrics. Each of these is a two-yard piece, which is more than I would normally buy, but that is what was available. They are such wonderful basics that I know I will use them.


The additions to the stash totaled 22 yards. On the other side of the tally, I used 1/2 yard for three purple Jabberwocky blocks and 1/4 yard for the borders on the purple 4-patch quilt. I also gave away a bag of fabric pieces and scraps that weighed 2.5 pounds, which I'm counting as 7 yards.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                   7.75 yards
Used year to date:               41.0 yards
Added last week:                 22.0 yards
Added year to date:             36.5 yards
Net used in 2023               4.5 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. My focus this week has been on finishing up a couple of baby quilts. One is done, and the second is very close! Unfortunately, I forgot to take any photos of the finished quilt before I turned it in at the guild meeting on Thursday, but you can see a photo of the unquilted top in THIS POST.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
4/16 - 4/22            7 of 7 days
2023 Total      109 of 112 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. Those sales are hard to resist. I did the same with Connecting Threads and used the low prices to shop for backing fabrics. Still you ended with more out than in, so you are still winning on that front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blenders are great additions. You can never have too many light background fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...