Monday, March 21, 2022

Stay at Home Round Robin 2022 Finale

We've come to the end of the 2022 Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR). This wonderful event was hosted by Gail of Quilting Gail, with contributions from several of her quilting friends. This week is the time for all participants to link-up their finished quilt or top.

My SAHRR quilt was a two-year project. I started it as part of the 2021 SAHRR, but got stuck and stopped working on it halfway through. Here's what I had when I pulled it out again this year.

SAHRR 2021

I removed the outer borders and kept the Feathered Star center block, the piano keys border and the flying geese. Our border prompts for this year were curves, diamonds, stars, signature blocks, applique and shoo-fly blocks. (If you click on any of the highlighted links, you will be taken to blog posts featuring my version of each prompt.) I followed all of the prompts except the last, choosing to skip the shoo-fly blocks. I added a small border of the background fabric to give it a little breathing room around the outside. I ended up with a quilt top that currently measures 39.5" square.

Feathered Star Round Robin 2022
39.5" square

Once this is quilted, I will finish it with a binding of either burgundy or dark teal. I enjoyed the challenge of following the border prompts that we were given each week, and I look forward to the next time (SAHRR 2023?)

You can check out more versions of the SAHRR at Quilting Gail. I'm also linking up with Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt and Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. I like how yours finished. I support your making the quilt suit your talents and making it your own. I am stuck and have 2 more rounds to do and I think I will leave it, too. Debating. But I love your borders and mostly I love the feathered star!!!! Both plans are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, your SAHRR is fantastic!!! I love how you combined 2021 and 2022!!! Perfect! And what a beautiful quilt you have!
    I also like how you chose to not do one of the rounds! It's YOUR quilt and you can do what you like!

    Thank you for joining in the fun, posting each round and for linking to the Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year's additions really enhanced the over all design of your project. Well done, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to combine the two years of prompts! It turned out beautifully, I especially love that center star. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wowie! Is that ever pretty! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Sticking with the background as the final border really lightens up the quilt. Congrats on a very striking finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful job on your "remake"! It suits it very well. You must be pleased. I started one in last year too and just stalled out. Now I am encouraged to pick it up next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...