Saturday, March 19, 2022

Project Quilting 13.6--Flying Geese

I'm very happy to have completed another Project Quilting challenge, especially since this is the final challenge for 2022. The theme this week is Flying Geese, and our entries need to include a minimum of five flying geese units.


I got a late start on this week's challenge because I was in Wisconsin visiting family early in the week. I considered many different designs with flying geese in them, and decided to make a small Christmas quilt. By Friday afternoon, I had pieced together 48 geese into this little quilt top. The geese are 2" x 4" finished size.


I got as far as auditioning border fabrics before I realized that it would be very hard for me to get this piece quilted and finished by the deadline at noon on Sunday. I'd rather take my time before I decide on the border and finishing details rather than rushing through it.


My next attempt and official entry for the challenge is this potholder. The block design goes by multiple names including Dutchman's Puzzle or Flying Dutchman. 

Linking up with:
Project Quilting 13.6 at Persimon Dreams
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 


10 comments:

  1. I totally understand scaling down your project, Julie. The completed (and incomplete) quilted item looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas quilt is adorable!!! Good idea, filling in the PQ with a smaller finished project than rushing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful, and you will have plenty of time to finish this beauty till Christmas, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both flying geese projects are lovely. The way you set the flying geese in the Christmas quilt is so interesting, I've never seen anything quite like it. Fabulous and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both projects. Good luck with the border decision on the Christmas quilt. It is quite beautiful. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are wonderful. (But I really do love that little potholder!) Great job. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flying geese projects! I really like your Christmas quilt, it's got some beautiful fabrics in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done. Someday I will participate in Project Quilting. I need to remember and leave my Feb and March a little free-er! Your Christmas Geese is going to be so pretty. And the redwork santa is pretty darn cute too. Is he part of a quilt to be made, or an individual project?

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome! Love how you made it work ;) Both are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...