Tuesday, March 22, 2022

To-Do Tuesday 3/22/2022

Good morning and welcome to another To-Do Tuesday! It's time to review how I did on my previous list, then come up with a new set of goals for the week ahead. The Tuesday To-Do List link-up is hosted by Linda at Texas Quilt Gal.

My last Tuesday To-Do List was from two weeks ago. Despite having a short list, I still didn't manage to complete all of my tasks (but I did work on several other projects!) 

To-Do List for 3/8/22 - 3/14/22
1. Charm Baskets--begin making yellow/gold blocks   ✔done
I ended up with 26 cute little basket blocks this month.

2. Hearts Applique--stitch at least two yellow/gold blocks   ✔done
Four yellow and gold appliqued hearts have been stitched.

3. Rail Fence--cut yellow/gold pieces            not done

Are you wondering what I was doing instead of finishing off my list? Well, I spent four days in Wisconsin visiting family, and had a wonderful time. While there, I finished the stitching on a redwork Santa piece that I started last spring. The embroidered area measures about 7" square.


I also made an entry for the last Project Quilting Challenge of 2022 (read more about that HERE) and I added the final border to my Feathered Star quilt for the Stay at Home Round Robin (posted HERE.) I've spent some time over the past couple of days trying out some samples for a new quilt pattern/kit that I bought recently.

My most important goal for the next week involves taking photos and submitting my entries for a local quilt show by Friday. Before that can happen, I need to finish basting the binding to the back of one quilt that I'm planning to enter. My other plans for the week are more flexible.
 
To-Do List for 3/22/22 - 3/28/22
1. Boston Fiesta--finish basting binding
2. Quilt show--take photos, submit entries by Friday
3. Hearts Applique--stitch at least two yellow/gold blocks 
4. Rail Fence--make yellow/gold blocks
5. Stella Nova kit--more samples



I'll report on my progress and post a new set of goals next Tuesday. I'm linking up with other To-Do Tuesday lists at Texas Quilt Gal.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA 

6 comments:

  1. Loving the hearts applique blocks--so pretty..nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baskets and hearts are so pretty in yellow. That Boston Fiesta quilt is just gorgeous - I bet you win an award for it! So glad you had a nice visit with your family. That redwork Santa is really cute.
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand stitchery is awesome. Beautifully done applique; I can tell you have had a lot of practice. And I love your Santa. So cute. Hope you hit the warm days we had in Wisconsin. We had the weirdest large clumps snow falling yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spotted you on a mutual friends blog, so thought I'd pop over for a visit. It's always fun to meet new bloggers. Looks like you did pretty well with your to do list, and had a fun family visit to boot. I love yellow, it's such a happy color and reminds us of warm sun; which I've not seen in awhile. Your quilt is going to be very nice.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearts, Baskets, and Santa are all beautiful - makes me want to make a basket quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like those golden yellow hearts. Hope you've been able to check off all the items on last week's list. It's almost time to write up a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...