Saturday, March 26, 2022

Scrappy Yellow Fences

My yellow and gold Rail Fence blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge kept getting pushed back each week in favor of other projects. Since today is the last Saturday of the month, I knew I needed to get them finished and posted. They are such easy blocks and really took very little time once I made myself work on them.


I ended up with 36 yellow/gold blocks. They will each finish at 3" square. I considered joining them together into one big (18") yellow and gold block. That would be the easier way to go, but of course, I'm going to take the more complicated approach!

My plan is to run the colors diagonally through the quilt. We've only used three colors so far this year, but I already love the look of them together! It will be even better when there are more colors to add. This photo shows 108 blocks, which would measure only 27" x 36" if they were all joined together. I'm going to need a lot more blocks for a quilt!


Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

10 comments:

  1. Even the simplest blocks can make a mighty color statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout is everything with these blocks. Love the way you are going to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great that way. And if you wanted to just keep with this colorway & make more of them, a 3-color quilt with those three colors would be striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the yellow but then when you put them together it's WOW! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice. The quilt will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 colors and you have already enough blocks for a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE those tiny YELLOW/GOLD Rail Fence blocks, Julie!! It's min blowing how many blocks you are going to need for a "decent sized" quilt. Happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be a fun quilt. There are still months left....who knows what layout you will finish with :)

    Thanks for sharing with Oh scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt once you get through all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dont your blocks look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...