Sunday, March 27, 2022

Stash Report and Stitching Time 3/27/2022

Like last week, today's stash report shows more fabric coming in than going out. There were several projects that I worked on during the week, but none of them used up much fabric. I added a small border to my Feathered Star Round Robin quilt and the binding to Boston Fiesta. I also made 36 Rail Fence blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You can see those blocks in yesterday's post HERE.

The project that used the largest amount of fabric, plus filled the majority of my time last week, was a sample of the Stella Nova pattern. Stella Nova is a kit and pattern that I bought recently (shared in last week's stash report post.) The pattern instructions were rather confusing for me, so I decided to make a partial sample with some scrap fabrics to be sure I could figure it out. Here's my reduced Stella Nova in autumn colors.


My sample piece measures about 34" across and is made up of 3 rounds of diamonds. Those black strips between all the diamonds start out as 1" cut strips. The original Stella Nova pattern has 7 rounds of diamonds, plus additional corner sections. The pattern instructions say to cut 58(!) strips of the black, 1" x width of fabric. If only I had an AccuQuilt cutter! This is a very intimidating project, and I'm not sure that I'm up for it right now. I'll keep you posted.

The additions to the stash this week came from a wonderful scrap package that I won in a giveaway from Preeti. If you aren't familiar with her blog (sewpreetiquilts), you should definitely check it out. She is amazingly creative and productive, plus she always has great stories to go along with her quilts.

Anyway, I received a mailer stuffed full of scraps and chunks, mostly light/low volume prints or batiks. Here's a photo of the beautiful batiks. Several of them are fat quarter or quarter yard pieces.


The total weight of the scraps was about 2 pounds. I am counting that as 6 yards added to the stash, approximately 3 yards per pound.


2022 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:            3.25 yards
Used year to date:        20.5 yards
Added last week:            6.0 yards
Added year to date:      28.5 yards
Net added in 2022      8.0 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of stitching time. As you might guess from the list of projects in the stash report, I definitely spent more than 15 minutes stitching every day last week.


15 Minute Challenge for 2022: 
3/20 - 3/26         7 of 7 days
2022 Total       85 of 85 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your fabric win! It's filled with lovely colors! Yikes! The Stella Nova project looks intimidating, but your smaller version is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your practice version of Stella Nova is gorgeous! You can make some very fun blocks with those scraps. Congrats on all the stitching time last week, you definitely used it well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...