Sunday, March 20, 2022

Stash Report and Stitching Time 3/20/2022

I missed a week on the stash report because I was out of town last weekend, enjoying a visit with family in Wisconsin. Surprisingly enough, we didn't visit any quilt shops while I was there, even though my sister is also a quilter. However, we did go to a quilter's estate sale one afternoon. I was able to show some restraint and only bought one piece of fabric there.

The main stash addition happened after I returned home. I received a kit that I ordered from Keepsake Quilting during a recent sale. I got 12 yards of fabrics, most in the kit plus additional yardage of one of them.


The batiks are from the "Black and Hue" line by Anthology Fabrics. The black on the right end is a solid. They are all meant to be used together to make the Stella Nova quilt, pictured in the following photo. Don't fall in love with it because it doesn't seem to be available anymore. This may be one of the rare times that I actually make a quilt as designed for the kit, rather than changing things up as I usually do.


There was a little bit of usage over the past two weeks, although nowhere near as much as the stash additions. I used 1 yard for the yellow and gold Charm Basket blocks, shared in THIS POST. I also used another yard for the two Flying Geese projects shared in yesterday's post HERE.


2022 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:              2.0 yards
Used year to date:      17.25 yards
Added last week:        12.75 yards
Added year to date:      22.5 yards
Net added in 2022     5.25 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of stitching time. Despite being away from home for four days, I still got my 15 minutes every day by working on an embroidery project while I was gone. 



15 Minute Challenge for 2022: 
3/6 - 3/19       14 of 14 days
2022 Total       78 of 78 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Lovely assortment of fabrics, and the quilt design is really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous quilt, the fabrics are so pretty. Sounds like you had a nice visit with your family and didn't do too badly on the stash management end of things. Hopefully you can catch up on the stitching front a bit this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for making the time to stitch even while you were out and about. That quilt is gorgeous! I was tempted to get it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...