Saturday, March 5, 2022

Scrappy Yellow Hearts

Quilting time has been more limited than usual this week, with too many other plans and projects filling our days. The main time-filler has been getting ready to host two different gatherings for Ed's birthday this weekend, one for family, the other for friends and neighbors. Fortunately, we are expecting to have beautiful weather both Saturday and Sunday.

I did manage to squeeze in a little stitching time and pulled out my yellow 2.5" squares to make this month's Scrappy Heart block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The finished size of this block will be 12".


That brings me to three finished blocks for this project so far. 


I also found some time to prep my first batch of appliqued heart blocks. These are made with 5" background squares, and the hearts start from 3.5" squares. My first yellow block is half-way stitched.



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

12 comments:

  1. Both of your hearts are so pretty. Nice choices for yellow RSC hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely heart blocks! It seems many of us have hearts in our thoughts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love yor heart blocks in yellow! The Tula fabric is a perfect background for the patchwork hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hoarding my Tula layer cake for the "perfect" project. LOL You seem to have found it because I keep looking at your scrappy hearts & thinking, YES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty hearts blocks, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful yellow hearts, I love both kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing all your heart blocks ! And your background fabric in your scrappy hearts is a favorite of mine! Happy Birthday to Ed! Must be a milestone birthday to get two parties! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow , Love those heart blocks! My list for RSC keeps getting longer each time I see more wonderful blocks! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are lovely as usual. I have been wanting to make some heart blocks. Maybe next year. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pieced heart blocks. Where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...