Thursday, February 3, 2022

SAHRR--Stars and Diamonds

Most of my quilting time earlier this week was spent on the next round for the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR.) If you don't know about the SAHRR, you can read the intro post at Gail's blog HERE.

Our assignment for the third round came from Roseanne and Sue at Home Sewn by Us. Their choice for the next border is stars. Their quilt has wonky stars, but we can do whatever type of stars we choose.

My version of round #2, diamonds, was incomplete. I hadn't decided whether to put the diamonds around the corners or all the way across the border. You can see the options I was considering in THIS POST. The addition of stars for the third round helped me make up my mind. I ended up with stars at the corners and two types of diamonds in between.


The outer points of my stars are not attached yet. They will become part of the next border. I fussy cut one fabric for the star centers and the on-point square units.


I'm eager to continue with this and can't wait to find out what the next border assignment will be. I believe we still have three more rounds to be added. 

You can check out more versions of the SAHRR at Home Sewn by Us. I'm also linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation and Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Oh yes. I think dragging your feet, if you will, was a sound and solid decision! This looks FABULOUS. I just adore how the diamonds seem to point toward the stars in the corners. The alternating diamonds look spiffy, too. This is going to be a fabulous piece when it's complete. I cannot wait to see how the next three rounds are incorporated. Nice job! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this is coming along. And having cornerstones that span to borders/rounds is so unique. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I love your diamond border !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your round robin is going! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is turning out to be really lovely. Can't wait to see the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever way to add your star round. It is a perfect way to finish off your diamond round. Can't wait to see what you do with the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! Your diamond and stars borders worked out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your corner stars compliment the center star so well! It will be fun to see how you add this week's border, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stars in the corners Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...