Saturday, February 12, 2022

Charm Baskets in Turquoise and Teal

My project of the week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge was making blocks for my Charm Basket quilt using teal, turquoise and aqua scraps. I love these colors and have plenty of fabric scraps to choose from.

I ended up with 26 blocks for the month. I could have made even more, but didn't want to have too many of any color group. My goal is to produce 20-25 blocks each month. I'm having such a fun time making these adorable little blocks! The finished size of each block is 4".


The baskets in these two blocks were made from two of the oldest fabrics in my stash. I started quilting in 1995, and I bought 5 yards of each of these fabrics  for 50 cents/yard in 1998 at a rummage sale. The name along the selvages is "Hi Fashion Fabrics." They seem to appear in every scrappy quilt I make that includes turquoise.


The baskets in the blocks shown above were all made from fabric squares that I won in a giveaway last month from Ann of Fiber Designs by Ann. When I entered her drawing, I knew that if I won I would be using many of the squares in my basket blocks. The fabrics fit in with my stash perfectly! Thanks, Ann! As you can see, I am using a wide variety of light/low volume prints for the backgrounds of the basket blocks.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

12 comments:

  1. Love the creative way you are using all your fabrics and scraps. Beautiful blocks, is the handles all appliqué with bias handles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful small aqua baskets. So lovely variety of aqua, teal and tourquoise fabrics, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty! What a great quilt they're going to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baskets are so cute! I can’t wait to see all of them together in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is easy to get carried away and make too many of one color. The basket blocks look great though! Such a wonderful variety of fabrics and backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your basket blocks, such a delightful collection of fabrics. I’m looking forward to seeing how this quilt turns out..... all those baskets in different colours! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What sweet little baskets. I liked them even more when I read that they finish at 4 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your prize from Ann and you certainly made a good start on putting the fabrics to use, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet baskets! You've got lots of variety in your teals. How fun that you've got a couple of long running scraps. I have some of those too, it's fun to see them show up in multiple quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must ooh and awww over every one of these baskets you finish. I know I do. They are adorable. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful baskets, Julie! I love how you want to make 20-25 blocks of each color and this month's color, a favorite of yours, got a total of 26. It's actually such a versatile color that more is probably better anyway. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...